Thursday, January 14, 2010

For The Love Of Reading...

A small group of moms in my community have formed a book club. On Wednesday, we got together to choose our very first book. We are a varied group, from those who read a book a week to those who do not read at all. I fall in the middle, averaging about 2-3 books per month. We pretty much all agreed on the content though...no gore, cheesy romance, or anything too heavy in plot. We wanted something smart and fun, something to get the non-readers hooked. Our selection this time was The Gatecrasher by Madeleine Wickham.

The idea of being part of this group was exciting. Who hasn't read a great book and wished they could share it with someone else? I use to constantly chase my husband with One For The Money by Janet Evanovich (one of my faves). "Just read it. Trust me, you'll love it..." It didn't work on him, but eventually it did on my sister.

I love to read and could easily spend an entire day with my nose in a book. But I try to pace myself. If it's a great book though, then it's all I can think about and I can't wait to get back to it. I try to "save" my book when I'm alone and under the covers at night. That's Mommy's "quiet time".

Then it's time to turn off my life and lose myself in someone else's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment